1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aztec...Scion...now Nissan tops them both

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, May 7, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The Chevy HHR would like to have a word with you.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It stinks, too - the fact that it's a General Motors product is reason enough - but it's not much different than the Chrysler PT Cruiser and everyone else who thinks these pseudo-throwback designs are wonderful.

They're bad. The Pontiac Aztek is still worse.

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Love the Cube. LOVE IT.

4. I finally found my place here: "The guy who likes weird-looking cars."

I'm honored.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"Little boxes on the hillside, highway,
    Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
    Little boxes, little boxes,
    Little boxes, all the same.
    There's a green one and a pink one
    And a blue one and a yellow one
    And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
    And they all look just the same."

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

That reminds me...gotta get caught up on that show. :D

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dead to me. Except for the rear drum brakes (GM: what ... the ... FUCK?!?), I love that car. The semi-panel version is very cool.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I kinda like it. Vaguely cool looking, and I appreciate the asymmetrical look. At least they were willing to build a car that doesn't look like everything else on the road.

Of course, I drive an Element, so that may explain it.

9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I will defend myself thusly. Unless you have one of 22 seats in F1, have driven at a NASCAR superspeedway in a race or have a serious death wish, I've driven (or pilotes something on two wheels) faster than you have dreamed of. OK, I'll add rocket propelled conveyencesn but my boast holds. And the Cube rocks.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I bet I have more tickets.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I admit it: I seriously considered buying an Aztek. Obviously it was ugly, but it had some cool shit that was unheard of at the time. The center console was a removable cooler. The back turned into a tent with a self-inflating mattress -- yeah, it looked stupid, but if you're in the woods, who cares? It had built-in, indoor racks for bikes, canoes and skis. Pontiac's interiors at the time were cool as shit.

It really wasn't that bad a car. They took a chance, tried something, which more American companies could have benefited by doing more of. If they'd done better with the exterior shape, it could have been a huge success.

Ultimately it was the idea of resale that scared me away, and I was right. Imagine trying to sell a used Aztek 5 years later.

12. Try me.

Draft saved Draft deleted