1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AZ Killers Last Words 'Boomer Sooner'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

CNN) -- The state of Arizona executed convicted killer Jeffrey Landrigan late Tuesday after the U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for the lethal injection, a corrections official said.

The execution was carried out at 10:26 p.m. (12:26 a.m. ET), said Barrett Marson, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Corrections.

"I'd like to say 'thank you' to my family for being here and all of my friends," were Landrigan's final words, according to Marson. He concluded with "Boomer Sooner," a cheer often used by University of Oklahoma fans.

Landrigan's last meal consisted of steak, fried okra, french fries, strawberry ice cream and a Dr. Pepper, Marson said.

The way for the execution was cleared after a majority of Supreme Court justices moved to vacate a federal judge's order that had temporarily stopped the execution scheduled for earlier in the day.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/27/arizona.execution/index.html?hpt=T1

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't today 10/30? We get Thursday's news tomorrow?

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

at least he didnt hook em while they were pressing the lethal injection needle in

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good one.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

D_B will be executed for tacking a period on Dr

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

i hope he didn't drink the Dr Pepper and eat the strawberry ice cream at the same time. That could leave a bad taste in his mouth for all of eternity.

Draft saved Draft deleted