1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AWOL Soldier to turn himself in.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by indiansnetwork, Sep 26, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

F_B, dont confuse leadership at the top with the grunts at the bottom.
    This guy made a commitment to serve, knowing the consequences. It's not a take the money and run deal.
    It's not about whether or not this war is right (for FTR, I strongly feel it isn't), it's about his fulfilling an obligation to the military that he made of his own free will.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I had a conversation with one the other day who said it's not so bad. The administration may be in shambles, but the Army's in pretty good shape.

3. I'm not defending him, slap. He'll get what's coming to him. I just want the trial because it's at least a forum where the grunts will get to talk publicly about the idiots who have broken the service, that's all.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But is that the right forum? Agree on the message, but not on the way to deliver it.

5. Problem is there are damned few forums where anybody's listening. The generals on Capitol Hill Tuesday got sparsely covered. The war is covered from the Green Zone. Absent congressional oversight hearings -- good luck there -- I'll take what I can get.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Everyone listens, no one cares... Screaming from the mount, no matter how right the sermon, has forced people to tune out...
    Those who believe, believe. Those who don't, won't.

Draft saved Draft deleted