1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Austin Scott

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Oct 23, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This struck me, in reference to the woman's previous rape claim ...

You know, if the erection lasts more than four hours ...

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

There should be a special place in hell for women who pull these stunts.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I wonder if he'll get a look in a NFL camp now. He did pretty well at the PSU pro day last month. Now he won't get drafted, but me thinks some team will at least invite him to mini camp. Thoughts?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I believe he will be the Lehigh Valley Defenders' feature back by July. If that's their name.

Seriously.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The sad part is the doubt will always be there. There is still some part of me that wonders what really happened. And if he really is innocent, Scott is the victim of a terrible injustice.

And this point may seem minor, but when I think about Paterno, I am forever going to remember how quick he was to turn on this kid and I will always believe it was simply because the team didn't need him any more.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not to jump to Joe's defense, oop, but remember, Scott got the boot before this came down. Missing curfew.

7. outofplace

shot, didn't it go from suspension to off the team and Paterno won't even speak to him when the charges came up?

8. Outlawz. The Double-A of Arena League.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Scott used all mulligans before even getting to this stage. There were reasons Paterno tossed him overboard faster than you can say Anwar Philips, namely the perception that Scott was a headcase.

10. outofplace

And the biggest of those reasons was he didn't need him on the field any more.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wasn't thinking that high, Sundance. I was thinking semi-pro.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes, that was a factor, and anyone denying such is incredibly naive. Don't know if it was *the* deciding factor, though, and we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted