1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Austin paper goes into partnership with 247sports website

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Dec 6, 2010.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/hookem-com-statesman-247sports-join-forces-for-new-1101599.html?srcTrk=RTR_729919

Interesting idea. Be curious to see how it plays out. At least now we know why there's a posting on the jobs board for an opening at the American-Statesman for a Longhorns beat writer.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I actually really like this idea. The newspaper will, presumably, get a cut of the subscription sales, and the folks that work at that site know their stuff.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I'm really interested to see how 247 plays out. When we heard that some of our Rivals guys were leaving to create a new network, it was quite the head scratcher, especially now since ESPN is attempting to cover recruiting.

There are some good minds behind 247Sports, my only thing is that I do not like the design at all.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I'm also aware that Michigan State's most trafficked message board, Spartan Tailgate, is switching over to 247 sports as well. That is the longest running Big Ten message board.

Draft saved Draft deleted