1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aussie PM a cheapskate?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Aug 21, 2016.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

900 dollaradoos would've been appropriate.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Couldn't it have been just a purely human moment? If anything, even if he's aware of the cameras, it's a good thing for a PM to be exemplifying a spirit of generosity and empathy. He said his feeling was, "There but for the grace of God go I." That's exactly the way I feel when I see these tormented souls all over the streets of Manhattan.

I get a feeling of despair, too. How do you begin to solve this? You can't give money to every homeless person you see, right? There's one guy, though, just one, to whom I give a dollar every morning on the way to my office. He sits outside the Bank of China on the NW corner of 48th and Madison.

Am I solving anything? Am I just making myself feel a little better about myself? Should I just ignore him and go get my avocado BLT at the deli?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BDC99 and HC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted