1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

August 18th Can't Come Soon Enough. . . The Snakes Are Coming

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Aug 11, 2006.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Basically because of how much it is talked about on here I have been telling all my friends how I can't wait for this movie to come out and they can't figure out why. For that reason, and because it could lead to the ultimate demise of this site, this movie better end up being as unintentionally funny and campy as expected.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Saw it tonight.

Whoa.

Nuff said.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I could have seen it tonight. My friend had free passes. I said no. No, thank you. The Summer of Flash does not include seeing movies like that.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

What does the Summer of Flash include, aside from softball and knee injuries?

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i saw it tonight.

if you see just one piece-of-crap, shoulda-gone-right-to-DVD, shitbox, brainless, laugh-out-loud-bad movie this summer, make it snakes on a plane, bitch.

6. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

it's all of the above roled into one.

i think maybe they started to make a real movie, and then just said, "aw, fuck it."

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Good friends, good beer, good weather and good times.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

you people are crazy.

This has Oscar all over it.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Peter Howell, film critic for the Toronto Star, gives it a three motherfucking stars out of a possible four.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...381&call_pageid=968867495754&col=969483191630

This is one cheesy movie, bereft of logic and scornful of everything from the law of gravity to physiological fundamentals regarding how long a person can survive with a lethal dose of toxin running through their veins.

But it’s cheese of the highest quality, and smart enough to know just how dumb it really is. It even resorts to that hoariest of 1970s disaster movie clichés, that of the feisty stewardess (Julianna Margulies) flying the aircraft. And it winks while doing so.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought he was taller.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Holy shit. For a second, I thought he was in it, too. My brain flat-out stopped for about seven seconds before the automatic override kicked in and said, "No. That's not possible."

Draft saved Draft deleted