1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ATUAO: Running 2009 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Apr 5, 2009.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Sure...if only it wasn't those pretentious fucks hosting it.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing the way CBS was brought to heel and didn't have a problem with augusta banning Jack Whitaker and Gary McCord over innocuous comments, while welcoming back Fuzzy Zoeller is one of those moments that provides clarity to me. Money matters. The more you have, the more you matter. CBS can talk all they want about independence and journalism, but the way they kowtow to Augusta provides a brief glimpse into the cynical and dark soul of this country. And no amount of fake bird calls or mandated terminology can cover that up. Deford had it right when he called Augusta the American Singapore.
    You've got to think that the greencoats have a crew somewhere monitoring the coverage and writing down everything they find objectionable and sending notes along.

It's still a great tournament though, if only because of the familiarity the viewer has with the course.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, man. Just pulled myself away from baseball to check on the Masters.

DirecTV is a godsend. This is awesome.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

-9 through 15.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

With a makeable putt to go to -10.

Edit: Didn't make birdie, but still stayed bogey free for the round. One more birdie and a par and he has the lowest round ever in a major.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And then he bogeyed 17 and 18 to finish at -7. Great round though.

7. nafselon

This back nine is playing like a Nationwide tour stop.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought it was supposed to be really, really hard.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought it was supposed to encourage good shotmaking.

10. nafselon

Chad Campbell has to be kicking himself for that mini-meltdown on 17 and 18.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is it Sunday afternoon yet? Because the first 63 are exhibition season. Kind of like the first 350 laps of a 400-lap auto race. Get in position and then let's see who has a set.

12. nafselon

And if Tiger wasn't Tiger he should kick himself even harder for ruining two basic gimmes for birdie.

Draft saved Draft deleted