1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

attn: wingnuts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jan 12, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

please stop insulting my intelligence with this "OMG OBAMAS A MUZLIM!!!!" nonsense. because for crying out loud:

1) he...um...isn't. there's really no clearer way i can put that. he just isn't.
    2) even if he, WGAS?
    3) and even if he was one those eeeeeeevil conniving sand-people, or whatever you're so afraid of, we have this thing called "congress" and this thing called "the supreme court" and this thing called "checks and balances." if that process is so eroded that two branches of government can't hold the third in check, then you have no one but the people who've been in the white house the last 8 years to blame.

so stop filling my inbox with this BS, stop bringing it up at family dinners, stop talking about it around the watercooler, because it is as wrong as wrong could possibly be. and even it wasn't wrong, which it is, it's still sub-moronic swill.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Newsweek debunked this nonsense, as well as other attempted Obama smears, on its Web site.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Perhaps you could link it so Mr. Maximus could send it to the people filling up his inbox.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Get a better class of friend and acquaintance.

5. king cranium maximus IV

can't lose my in-laws.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A most unfortunate fact of life.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And of course we have such beacons of tolerance running for president-like slick Mitt, who says he wouldn't allow a Muslim to be in his cabinet.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The girl's grandpa and I had this talk over Thanksgiving.

He's a pretty staunch Republican. But he knocked me over.

"When someone sends me that bullshit, I send them an email back and tell them they're fucking stupid."

Wow, I said, that's what I do most of the time, too.

"Anyone who believes the crap that gets sent around in email is just too stupid to live."

Grandpa, you and I are going to be just fine. ;)

9. king cranium maximus IV

well no, uh, see, he was talking about, uh, percentages. as in, his cabinet would be about percentages, so white people get a certain percentage based on population ratio and, uh, something or other. but we would somehow have a mormon. yes. i think. what? look over there. tax cuts.

10. Zeke, I know you didn't intend it this way, but the implication that Republicans are stupid comes through pretty loudly and clearly in your post.

We are about half the population, you know. The Dems have their share of primates, too. :)

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Really? Because I didn't get that impression at all.

12. A "pretty staunch Republican" would believe Obama is a Muslim? None of the ones I know think so.

Draft saved Draft deleted