1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention current and former Comcast internet users

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 10, 2010.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you current have or had Comcast High Speed Internet and believe that between April 1, 2006 and Dec. 31, 2008 that your speed while using Ares, BitTorrent, eDonkey, FastTrack or Gnuetella P2P protocols were blocked or the speed was impaired, you can file a claim. This also applies if you were unable to use Comcast to use Lotus Notes to send e-mails from March 26, 2007 and Oct. 3, 2007.
    For more information click here:
    http://www.p2pcongestionsettlement.com/

Mods - two comments - 1) if this should have gone in News & Sports please move it; 2) if this is a d_b, please nuke it.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Crap, I canceled with Comcast about 8 months ago when I moved to a new apartment. I have no idea what my account number was.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Aren't all those programs on the RIAA's hit list for mp3 piracy lawsuits?

My bet this is nothing more than a con game/scam by Comcast to get people to come forward and provide its corporate chums at the RIAA legal ammunition to take more people to court and ream them over for thousands of dollars (with Comcast undoubtedly getting a nice piece).

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Part of the claim is an affidavit that you only used it to download material that wasn't subject to copyright (or something like that).
    I put in a claim to get my $16 credit/refund.

Draft saved Draft deleted