1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

attention, beatles fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by albert77, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I should also put it out there that I have an irrational love for Piggies. It just didn't fit in my track listing.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That's another one I was going back and forth on. It was freaking hard trying to pare the list down.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Maybe. More likely it was a John-Yucko ego trip run amuck, since John had basically installed Yucko as a de facto member of the group at the start of the recording sessions.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm So Tired will never be the same to me since I've used it as my cell phone morning alarm for the past year...

5. dieditor

dieditor Member

Side 1:
    Back In The USSR
    Dear Prudence
    Glass Onion
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    I'm So Tired
    I Will
    Julia

Side 2:
    Yer Blues
    Blackbird (move from Side 1)
    Mother Nature's Son
    Sexy Sadie
    Helter Skelter
    Rev.1
    Good Night

Here's another related thought (not to threadjack): Do you take the summer '68 single (Hey Jude/Revolution) and put them on your White Album, as many think Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane should have been on Pepper? I don't because Hey Jude's length will keep other songs off. Can't do too much on vinyl...

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A quick note for all those who blame Yoko's studio presence, begun in this era, for the breakup: It was not Lennon who entered the studio after tracks had been recorded, to RE-RECORD his own drums over Ringo's. That particular dickhead move during the White Album sessions was contributed by Mr. Paul "I'm still standing, so let's change the credits to "McCartney-Lennon!" McCartney.

As for the sequencing . . . Not completely sure. Just know I'd eliminate "Mother Nature's Son" (a shameless attempt to recreate "Blackbird"), both Ringo songs, Martha My dear, Honey Pie, Why don't we do it in the road?, and Everybody's Got something to hide except for me and my monkey. (Great guitar, bad, bad lyrics)

Would absolutely find spots for Julia and I Will (one hell of a wedding dance song. Great lyrics, and nice and short).

Most importantly, I'd find a way to include the outtake Hey Bulldog, one of the band's better riffs.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Mother Nature's Son is fantastic... I believe the same lecture by the Maharishi that inspired this song also inspired Jealous Guy.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Sharon Tate wishes this album would never been made.

The great paradox in music. The electric version of Revolution is one of the greatest songs in history. Revolution No. 9 as it appeared on the album is one of the shittiest.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust...

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

"i'm so tired" and "birthday (yer blues)" are musts. 8) 8) 8)

"back in the ussr" lead side 1. "birthday" lead side 2. :D :D :D

then do what you'd like to fill the rest for a TREE-MENDOUS album (not that the double album isn't TREE-MENDOUS as well) ;D ;D ;D

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Forget it.

Even "Revolution 9" is worth listening to, if you try to figure out what Lennon was trying to do, and also remember this was the same group which put out "Love Me Do" six years earlier.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Tremendous track.
    'Ob La Di, Ob La Da' sucks get rid of it. 'I Will' has to be on there.

Draft saved Draft deleted