1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention AP Poll Voters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Georgia, Iowa, Cal and Navy all finished 10-2 that season, with Navy obviously on the top 25 fringe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?pollId=null&seasonYear=2004&weekNumber=17

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Which sort of proves my point about the futility of using one season's poll tendency to justify another. There were six teams with zero or one loss that year, while this year you've got five, but all six of the 2004 teams were undeniably strong, while two of this yea'rs were fringe players. And the fact that Wisconsin is the lowest ranked of those teams says that it's not mere BCS conference elitism.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bottom line, I would give any unbeaten team with a BCS bowl victory the benefit of the doubt over a two-loss team. Doesn't matter what conferences they are.

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

If you go undefeated all year long, you should at least be in the top 3. I guess all those voters that were saying OU was playing the best football of anyone heading into bowl season forgot what they were writing. Top 5 is still not that bad, but 6th in the coaches is a joke. That poll should fade away.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Now that I agree with. Tell me, what college football coach in the country has time to analyze and list how teams should be ranked. How many college football games do coaches watch besides their own or teams they are scouting during the season?

I'm sure half or more are filled out by SIDs anyway.

I know it's always been like that and won't change ... I have always thought that about any coaches poll.

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I tell you what put Biose State in a game against USC and I promise you this that they will beat them.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

[sniggering at the spelling, phrasing and the premise.....]

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The inventor of "cockdian" is Hank Hill. Who knew?

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If you vote at all, you are ...

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Chris Petersen voted BSU No. 4. Just sayin'

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Then they certainly don't belong any higher than that. Because I'm pretty sure there's NOBODY out there who has a better read on how good Boise State is than the guy that actually coaches the team.

12. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Can you leave No. 1 blank?

Draft saved Draft deleted