1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atlantic Southeast Airlines: Watch your F*#@$@%# mouth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jun 15, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lots of people sound innocent if things happened exactly the way they tell it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My point all along has been that either the guy is lying or this is a serious overreaction. I have left open the possibility that his story is crap from the beginning.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

And my point is, you don't, um, fuck around on an airplane.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

No, your point is that airlines are never wrong, oogy boogy 9/11. Same as always. You're like the Rudy Giuliani of the airline industry.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The grumpy miserable guy who's looking down his nose like he's never done anything annoying in his life.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The decision to a return to a gate is never taken lightly by the Captain. While it sounds like an over reaction the guy may have been acting like a douche and the crew had enough.

I'll take crying baby over obnoxious f-bomb dropping doofuses every time. Air travel is stressful enough without needing this kind of bs on a flight.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I know the airlines aren't always right, deskslave.

I'm an advocate for sure, though. Airlines are made to look like vilians, and most of the time, the customer is to blame more than they are.

It's sorta like the dimwit thread. It's all about perspective on these issues. Readers don't get deadlines and space limitations and staff reductions meaning less coverage. There are rules for these situations and they need to be followed.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are basically assuming the guy's story is a lie, which is fine. Kinda fits with your perspective.

But if he didn't lie, either the rules in this case are a disgrace or they were improperly enforced.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that in your spare time you are a ref or an umpire.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Every problem of modern air travel summed up in a single sentence.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm shocked

Draft saved Draft deleted