1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atlantic Southeast Airlines: Watch your F*#@$@%# mouth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jun 15, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I see no posts on here that don't jibe with the linked story. What are you seeing, Blitz?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Don't put her on any ASA flights.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Not saying it isn't disruptive to everyone else, OOP. Just that an unruly passenger can be taken off of the flight under Rule 35. Mainly for the safety of everyone on the plane. If he's uncooperative and disruptive on the ground, do you really want to be at 28,000 feet with that guy and no way to get rid of him?

Christ, look at the whole picture.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't question dealing with unruly passengers. I question your definition of what is unruly. Jeez, you'd think on a site full of writers we wouldn't run into somebody so concerned over a guy saying fuck.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Well said, Armchair. I think you've got it covered.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Apropos of probably nothing on this thread, but ASA is facing a $400,000 fine for flying planes that had been struck by lightning withouth performing required maintenance checks.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/faa-airline-flew-planes-978902.html

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

but he broke rule 35

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I laughed out loud at "under Rule 35." But then I read Section 8 -- and realized this was no joking matter.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Saying fuck isn't the problem, it's how it's said and what brought it on.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All along, my point was that if his story is true, the airline's actions were bullshit. Here is his version of how it was said.

The 37-year-old TV producer and children's book author said he and other passengers on Atlantic Southeast Airlines Flight 5136 to Newark, N.J., had been waiting at the gate for 45 minutes when he was overheard by a flight attendant telling a passenger next to him, "What's taking so (expletive) long to close the overhead compartments?"

So, he wasn't cursing at an airline employee. Explain to me what the problem is with how he said it.

Or are you saying the problem was that he dared to complain? Because that's pretty damn ridiculous, too.

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I wasn't there, so all I have is this report.

In that case, it was an overreaction, probably.

But I doubt it was that simple.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Rule 35 OOP, rule 35

Draft saved Draft deleted