1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atlantic Southeast Airlines: Watch your F*#@$@%# mouth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Re: Southeast Airlines: Watch your F*#@$@%# mouth

Preferably after the plane takes off.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I've flown with my own kid when she was being a pain in the ass. If I'm going to ask other passengers to put up with that, I'm going to have to put up with certain things from them.

IF the guy's story is true, it's a disgrace. I would hope he was at least warned and then tossed for not listening to the warning.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's a knockoff of Southwest. Kind of like that off-brand Samsoon TV you'd find at Dollar General.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see one. And there's Magnetbox, and Sorny."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Fixed.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't have kids and I don't especially enjoy screaming kids on a plane. But...

Not all parents traveling with young kids are doing it on a lark. There are legitimate reasons why you may be traveling with a toddler. I see a lot of other discourteous moves by air travelers that don't involve traveling with kids.

• The douchebag who spends preflight & post-landing yakking into his or her cellphone - or worse, bluetooth - at Who Concert decibel levels. Either wait til you get off the fucking plane or keep your goddamn voice down. If Aunt Clara didn't see something about a plane crash on the news she probably knows you landed safely.

• The asshole with the carry-on that is clearly too large to fit in the overhead but won't give up trying to jam it in then bitches when it doesn't fit. Pay the 25 bucks you cheap bastard.

• The asshole who let him carry it on in the first fucking place.

• People who put all their shit in the overhead.

• The Dell Griffith wannabe seatmate who won't shut the fuck up. No, I've never been to Muncie and have no desire to hear about the insurance seminar you attended there. You must be a hoot at cocktail parties.

• The guy wearing the whole bottle of cologne.

• The women wearing the whole bottle of perfume.

Feel free to add to the list.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

That's an urban myth. It was the bypass lines.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Kids don't know any better. Adults should be able to get a clue.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

It's called rule 35 for disruptive passengers. Simple as that.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If that rule states that the plane should be turned around and a passenger should be removed with no warning by the flight crew if he or she uses profanity to his or herself or in discussion with another passenger, it is pure idiocy.

Again, if he is telling the truth, the airline fucked up. I'm inclined to think his version ain't far from what happened given that the airline put him on another flight and apologized.

If he cursed at a member of the flight crew or was asked to stop and did not, that's another matter entirely.

11. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Uh ... drive? :)

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I just spent an hour in front of this woman and her apparently complete stranger seatmate, who was aiding and abetting her in yakking endlessly about God only knows what.

I'm also quite confident that no, in fact, her son does NOT look like Prince William. Other than that he's probably bald.

Draft saved Draft deleted