1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athlete-Reporter fights

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

creating an opinion on what i see and hear is not being a dick boots. i'm no different than any other human being, we all formulate opinions to make sense of the world around us with the information we accumulate.

to say breathing, thinking beings do any less is to deny basic human psychology.

2. boots

boots New Member

And many fail psych 101.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was funny, but psych 101 was kind of a slam dunk A.

you are what you portray yourself to be to the masses. right or wrong in your book of ethics, that point simply is a fact and never will change.

4. boots

boots New Member

I know Deion a bit. He's a little different when the the spotlights aren't on. But that's a different issue. The bottom line is that now he's out of the limelight, I hope he will do something to change the way many people such as yourself think about him.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i did interview deion, and i thought he was a dick, too, but i only spoke with him once ... and i'm sure you are correct about him. athletes usually do change once the red light turns off.

and to be honest, i already think differently of him -- TO interview excluded -- now that he no longer feels the need to be neon.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, you are stating an opinion. Perhaps you should focus on trying to learn the proper definitions of the words you use rather than worrying so much over whether or not we think Sanders has demonstrated enough dick-like behavior for any of us to believe he is a dick.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Once Mizzou thought he might be wrong....but he was mistaken.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Supposedly after the tirade was over George Brett went into McRae's office and said "Hal, I missed it. Can you do it again?"

9. boots

boots New Member

Actually you are wrong. I'm talking from first-hand experience, not from something someone else wrote or edited for TV. You should focus on what you do know and don't know. I'm talking about something I know.
    Can Deion be an ass? Yes with those he choses to be an ass to. Have I had that problem with him? Sometimes but generally, he's been a pleasant person when the pen is put away and the camera lights aren't on. Get to know someone before you jump to an opinion that many times can be wrong. That's all we're saying. And in this business, it happens too often. What makes someone "a good guy" or " a bad guy?" It's all bullshit. Either you like him or you don't but make that observation on first-hand experience.

10. Teri Thompson at the Rocky Mountain News was interviewing someone after Broncos practice when tight end Clarence Kay dropped his towel and started massaging his cock.

Kay: "Hey, Teri ... what do you think?"

Thompson: "Looks like a penis, only smaller ..."

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

First heard that line in 1976, about 10 minutes after the first woman entered a locker room and some idiot flashed her.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And that is an OPINION, not a fact. It may be a correct opinion, but it's still opinion. See? I can be an ass when I feel like it, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted