1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athlete-Reporter fights

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I don't take any guff from the athletes I cover. Once a guy tried to confront me when I told him he was thoroughly outmaneuvered and I got right back in his face until he backed off. No way I'm letting an athlete talk to me like that - I don't give a damn if he is a champion caliber horse jockey.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

``No way I'm letting an athlete talk to me like that - I don't give a damn if he is a champion caliber horse jockey.''

LOL. that was a good one.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Hey, those little guys are tough as nails. I'll bet he could have kicked your ass if he felt like it.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Oh, I was shaking on the inside, but I wasn't going to let him see the fear in me. I was prepping to crash the side of his head with my recorder and the point of my pen (I didn't care if I lost the batteries or damaged the tape) and kick him in his itty bitty kneecaps before running off to my car.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm surprised that one hasn't happened yet.

6. ned racine

ned racine Member

willie hernandez dumped water on albom back in 88 0r 89.....ok..whats the over under for you bbwaa now wanting to vote hernandez in for cooperstown..

7. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

What about Jim "Chris" Everett and Jim Rome?

CE: If you call me Chris one more time...
    JR: Okay, sorry...Chris
    CE: *Goes ballistic and charges at Rome, knocking him over backward*

The best part about the whole thing was you could hear Rome's annoying ass cackle the whole time, even after he fell over backward

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was a good one. I think I remember someone calling his show and asking Rome if Everett was going to make an appearance on the first "Rome is Burning."

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Didn't Rome actually get confused the first couple of times and then after that just thought it was hilarious and kept calling him that? I feel like I heard that story somewhere.
    Also, who was Rome working for at the time?

10. boots

boots New Member

Rome DESERVED to get his ass kicked for that stunt. I've had my share of snipe and I take no shit. You can say what you want to me. If you put your hands on me, then be prpeared for a fresh case of whip ass and a call from my lawyer.
    Also, I remember just missing seeing a creep named Larry Bowa do a little diddy on Ray Kelly. Bowa did the old three stooges trick and knelt behind Kelly while someone pushed him over. What a creep.

11. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

My favorite is Deion Sanders dumping a bucket of water on Tim McCarver ... and the video of McCarver, with one eye open, shouting "You're a real man, Deion!"

Unfortunately, you couldn't say McCarver was a real announcer! ... which is probably why i liked Deion dumping on him!

12. boots

boots New Member

I was there. It was bush. McCarver can be a jerk but he didn't deserve that, especially from Deion.

Draft saved Draft deleted