1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point do we just recycle "Ricky tests positive" threads?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 11, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for the heads up zeke.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well I'd say the fact that it is illegal is a good start for how smoking weed, by definition, makes you a criminal.

The point about being lucid is if you scroll back you'll see someone was trying to use some made-up psycho-babbling disorder to excuse the fact that he pissed away his career. I'm just saying where was this disorder when he was dominating the Big 12?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To be fair, Tom, I was talking about you AND Jones. ;)

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hence my original post. thanks to you, i knew it was time to join the discussion. ;D

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, every person who drives 66 in a 65 zone is a criminal? and i think there's a huge difference between college and pro football as far as exposure is concerned as well.

i think the guy sabotaged his reinstatement. i think the guy will keep his $10 mill. and fade away into history in a cloud of smoke. maybe that's all he wants out of life, which, might not be such a bad thing for ricky.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would exactly compare that to smoking weed ... one is far more serious than the other one.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i call bullshit. speeding kills far more people a year than smoking weed. like what, nearly 100 percent more?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No one's ever died from steroids use, either, so let's all shoot up. Far safer than driving in car, that's for sure, right?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How did we get from people smoking weed to injecting steroids?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No clue. I came in at the end, when Tom Petty said driving bad, weed good.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

actually, many people have died and are going to die from roids. lyle alzado for one.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Don't understand the blue font.

One statement is true, yours is not.

Draft saved Draft deleted