1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At the risk of calling this a d_b, what's your favorite song of all time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Mar 20, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Yes, I know this thread asked the question previously, but it's got too many cobwebs.

And I'm more lenient. You can do an either/or option in this thread. :D

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And I'll get started with my either/or options:

For years, "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac was my choice if I had to pick ONE all time favorite. More recently, "Destiny Rules" became my favorite song because of the meaning it has in my mind (you can read my thoughts on both these songs in the best thread in SportsJournalists.com history.)

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

"thunder road." 8)

pre-"thunder road," i'd go with "in my life," off the top of my noggin. 8)

but i'm quite sure hundreds of other songs will be listed here that would belong in my "top 10." an impossible task, this is. :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Master of Puppets, Metallica

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Green Day's "Basket Case" has been my favorite song for about 13 years, and it'll probably play at my wedding and funeral -- at least it better. It got me into punk rock, and I'll always be thankful for that.

NOFX's "The Decline" is a close second -- just because of its overall awesomeness.

6. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Fly Like an Eagle by Steve Miller Band.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It changes all the time, but now, I'd probably go with "With or Without You," by U2.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

There is a light that never goes out, The Smiths.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I decided years ago that it was "Pride (In The Name of Love)" by U2, and can't say anything has knocked me off that position since. But Jackson Browne's "Sky Blue and Black" makes a strong case, as does "And It Stoned Me" by Van Morrison.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

From a pure musical standpoint, "Loan Me A Dime" and "Since I've Been Lovin' You" are, to me, the two greatest songs ever recorded. Neither, however, is my favorite song. Right now, that would have to go to "Decoration Day" by the Drive-by Truckers.

Draft saved Draft deleted