1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At the end of my patience ... cheer me up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jun 17, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I am this close (holds fingers REALLY close together) to really losing it with the person handling my mortgage application/approval process.

Every fucking time I open my email, she's sent me (in grammar that would make my 17-month old look like John Grisham) a 1,000-word essay on the things she needs to finish the process.

No shit, in the past four days, she has sent me four emails with a list of 10 things each she needs to complete the process --- which was approved today, by the way.

I pretty much told her today, she and the loan processor at the VA could shove a couple of things up their asses, because I'd already sent them. You fucked it up. You fix it.

For example, she requested a letter explaining my transfer from Ft. Rucker, Alabama, to my new duty station, Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. So, what did I do? I sent them a copy of the official orders transferring me to Ft. Campbell. Good enough, right? Nope. Apparently not. Well, fuck you. It's all I have, and it's all you're getting. I mean, it's signed by Ft. Rucker's adjutant ... the HMFIC of personnel.

I'm moving to Clarksville, Tennessee, the city closest to Ft. Campbell. Now, the dumbass at the VA wants to know why I'm moving to Tennessee when I'm going to be working in Kentucky. How about this, motherfucker? How about you put down your fucking Slurpee and go to the interwebs and teh google, and find out where the two lie in relation to one another?

Cheer me up with some good jokes, or pictures. Auburn jokes, preferably.

Sorry for the rant. Delete if you want, Moddy.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Re: At the end of my patience

Damn, that made me laugh.
    But I hope this rant made you feel better and that you get it worked out soon.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Y'all welcome to Clarksville

4. three_bags_full

You can bet Lulu and Junior will have to look at a Bama flag the entire fall.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Cheer up TBF, up least you're not this guy:

www.fmylife.com

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Meet me at the station.
    We'll have time fo coffee-flavored kisses,
    And a bit of conversation.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey TBF are you transfering to the Night Stalkers?

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I feel your pain, three_bags_full ...

I'm having the same issue with the child support bureaucracy. I've been trying to get them to send me paperwork so I can file for a reduction, seeing as how my illustrious employer just whacked 10 percent off my paycheck. Seems helping a divorced father isn't very high on their list of things to do.

Their response was for me to ask the ex if she will agree to it first... which probably isn't going to happen. THEN they'll send me the paperwork. So I'll have to wait at least another pay period.

But let me fall one week behind, and then suddenly they'll be interested in me .. :)

Anybody know of any Ramen specials anywhere this week?? A sportswriter needs to eat, ya know...

11. three_bags_full

I just recently figured out that song was about a guy who'd been drafted and was headed to Ft. Campbell to go to Vietnam.

Kind-of eerie that I'll be heading out (somewhat) soon after I get there.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How soon after the move are you being shipped out?

Draft saved Draft deleted