1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T stops selling the iPhone in New York City

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I did. The information in that about AT&T being clients of one of the services was the NYT article, and the article itself offered nothing of substance other than the author's doubt about methodology without any credible response to the claims. Combine that with the obvious lack of objectivity, and it's like trying to use an article from RedRaiderSports.com to say that Tech suspending Mike Leach doesn't prove anything.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I didn't intend to present the Macworld article as clearly refuting what the NYT author was arguing, and should have been more clear about that. I think it does raise some interesting points about the data and their usage, though, and the NYT piece struck me as sounding more like an AT&T press release than a news story.

This is also a good read on the topic:

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/att-network-blame-game-takes-weird-apple-twist.html

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I live in the SF Bay Area and have an iPhone. I love it. I won't say it never drops a call, but it doesn't seem to do so any more than any other cell phone I've had.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I also have the first-gen model and am in the NYC area. I don’t have much trouble.

There are some dead zones that I know about. However, I’ve had Sprint and Verizon in the past and those dead zones existed for them as well.

In a few months, I’ll likely be getting whatever new iPhone model comes out. I’m not Apple fanboi, but the iPhone is quite the engineering model.

Draft saved Draft deleted