1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T buys T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I love how everyone bitches about AT&T's coverage - especially a Rhode Islander.
    I haven't had a problem with AT&T's coverage; it's been just as good as Verizon's. The customer service has been miles better than my old carrier.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not sure where you are exactly, but it is a matter of indisputable fact that AT&T has been unable to handle iPhone traffic in major metropolitan areas.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh, come on now. Who are you going to trust? The millions of people unsatisfied with AT&T or the one guy in Northern Rhode Island who has solid coverage?

(And, btw, he doesn't.)

4. Rhody31

I have solid coverage.
    I also have a fat face that pushes against my iPhone and makes it hang up.
    You also made my point for me. Millions of people have had problems with AT&T. Where you live is significantly different. There are four places in this state where I get bad coverage, and it's the same four places everyone gets bad coverage here.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm on T-Blowbile as I call it.

My dad and his partner were considering switching to AT&T because T-Mobile doesn't have much presence in Arizona, where they're thinking of moving. Oh the irony.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

T-Mobile here and haven't had a problem with it but AT&T is an epic disaster out here. I won't be following.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I have AT&T and an iPhone in the SF Bay area and I have no problems.

8. Rhody31

The problems with AT&T get overblown because uninformed consumers hear stories about how the service was shitty 10 years ago when Verizon was the only reliable carrier.
    You know why AT&T has problems in big cities? Because they don't have the technology to handle the amount of people trying to use their service. No one does.
    Verizon is trying to sell themselves on how they have more reliable coverage because they know their customer service is horseshit and a bootleg iPhone won't match up to the AT$T one.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Reporters and tech bloggers have carried verizon's iPhone around in the cities where AT&T has been the worst, and those reporters and bloggers have found that verizon measures up better. And AT&T's only response is not "we'll get better" but "how do you know verizon is so great?" But no matter, the marketplace will decide once AT&T's contract runs out and Verizon puts its next iPhone on 4G.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When the networks merge, it'll be better for everyone. More capacity and such. I don't see the need for hand-wringing over that.

11. Rhody31

Which was exactly my point. Those tech reporters and bloggers are using what they find in their area as justification for the rest of the country, which isn't even close to true. Just because AT&T sucks in NYC doesn't mean it sucks everywhere else - but that's what everyone thinks now.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Can't speak for the rest of the state, but Verizon is far better than AT&T or T-Mobile in the Phoenix area.

Draft saved Draft deleted