1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T buys DirecTV: $48.5 B

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, May 18, 2014.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wow.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/18/6413972/att-agrees-to-buy-directv-in-485b.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The implications of all these media megadeals are too much for most of us to comprehend. But the one constant is that service gets worse and more expensive.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've always been wary of television providers controlling Internet access and vice versa. I'm a cord cutter, and I'm enjoying it for now. But I see the day coming on which they'll restrict monthly bandwidth to a point it won't be possible to stream anything. All because we allow big companies to buy other big companies, and regular people are the losers. Prices will continue to rise, quality and service will continue to decline. But unless you want a pre-20th century lifestyle with regards to media and entertainment, what other option will you have?

Draft saved Draft deleted