1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At risk of inciting a SJ riot ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if you ever get that way, hood river is a helluva place to stay a weekend. great hotel "downtown" with awesome eats on the ground floor.

across the street, some of the better pizza in the PNW ... and i'm sure you know about the wind surfing.

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Always liked the logo/design. One of the beers of my youth.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Lived in Vancouver, Wash., for two years. I know all about Hood River.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Yuengling=In N Out Burger

Decent but doesn't come close to the regional hype that surrounds both.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so you knew all about fail sail as well, too, eh?

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Bubbler,

Thanks for making me laugh so damn hard that I had to put down the beer to keep it from slipping from my hand.

7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Bubbler--you're about 10 minutes from me. Did you come in for the game?

And for god sake, go ask the manager for another room!!!!

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Record the sounds of the couple going at it and when they finish, play it back so they can hear themselves.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know of what you speak, Pallister.

Take a chance, while you still got the choice.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Is it people having sex ... or people working out? Let's find out."

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yuengling, to me, has always been so-so. And I'm getting their best stuff when I try it, being within 50 miles of the brewery.

The one thing I can say about Yuengling is that I know a cool little baseball field in Schuylkill County, Pa., with good sandlot ball, and you can slip the guy at the concession stand 50 cents, and he'll hand you a Yuengling bottle.

That's quality entertainment. I got semi-ripped for less than $5 there a couple of times. Unfortunately, I did not hear a couple having sex on the adjoining field.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Here's a Schlitz warning: Schlitz is available in New York (at least it was when I was there 18 months ago) but it's only available in cans, which means it's still the shitty, cheap formula that killed the brand when they went to in the early 1970s.

Schlitz in bottles or on tap is the old (pre-1970) formula that they've brought back. Schlitz in cans remains the shitty, bargain-priced beer that took the company down. I don't know why they would do something like that, but that is the way it is right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted