1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least the Hickory Crawdads love us...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FuturaBold, Mar 23, 2009.

1. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

... their annual open house has been dubbed National Hug A Newsman Day ... we could sure use some hugging these days...

Crawdads Open House
    “National Hug a Newsman Day”
    Crawdads FUN, for $4

Last year the Hickory Crawdads held their inaugural open house as part of “National Goof Off Day.” This year’s open house promises bigger, better fun for the entire family and a great deal on Crawdads tickets.

The 2009 open house will be held Saturday, April 4th from 10am until 2pm at L.P. Frans Stadium. This year’s open house celebrates “National Hug a Newsman Day,” and fans will have the opportunity to meet and hug several local newsmen from the area. Newsman scheduled to appear include Larry Sprinkle from WCNC Channel 36, Todd Calloway (managing editor from the Hickory Daily Record), Jason Savage (Sports Talk Host on WHKY) and others.

Fans attending this year’s open house will have the opportunity to purchase Crawdads’ tickets at a great price. On April 4th only, persons can purchase Crawdads tickets for only $4 each. Fans can choose 8 games and purchase up to 16 tickets per game. Tickets must be purchased in person at the stadium ticket office from 10-2pm. The July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza game and the July 26th post game Christian concert are excluded from this promotion.

Parents are also invited to register their children for the 2009 Claw Club. Members of the Claw Club will receive a ticket to each 2009 regular season game, and on Sundays will receive a complimentary speed pitch voucher, ride on the carousel, and souvenir program.

In addition to newsmen and $4 tickets, there will be plenty of other activities going on at the ballpark. From 10 until 11:30am we will be holding National Anthem tryouts. At noon, a special guest will arrive to lead the kids onto the field for an Easter Egg Hunt. From 12:30 until 1:30 kids can get their faces painted by Funny Business.

The Crawdads will provide complimentary popcorn to all that attend and there will be a concessions stand open serving all of your ballpark favorites.

We look forward to seeing fans at L.P. Frans Stadium on Saturday April 4th. Come out for a day of food, fun, $4 tickets and hugging newsmen as the Crawdads kick off the 2009 season.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Official Minor League Baseball Team of SportsJournalists.com.

P.S.- I volunteer to hug Bonnie Bernstein.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I was always a Kannapolis Intimidators fan myself, but I've switched allegiances.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The Hickory Crawdads.

Leading the ranks of the awesome since 2009.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do we know the hug isn't a gimmick so they can pick our pockets?

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Please tell me Larry Sprinkle is a weatherman.

7. forever_town

'Cuz most of us don't have anything in there worth picking.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Remember it's the downtrodden who always get stepped on.

9. forever_town

I'm so broke that if you mug me, it'll just be for practice.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've got to get my threatening looks down.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've spent enough time in the Unifour to know that I can count on two hands the number of people there I'd let touch me, much less hug me.

12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

And not much of one at that ... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted