1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At 0.434 posts per day ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FileNotFound, Jun 14, 2006.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

... it takes a long damn time to get that second star.

Maybe one of the board's statisticians could determine this -- I sure as hell don't have the time -- but I suspect it's taken me longer than anybody to hit 500 posts.

My registration date shows April 19, 2003, but I was reading the board well before that, back in the days when it gleefully ripped some of my co-workers by name. (Oh, how I miss Anon 3:24 ... well, not really.)

This note is less a celebration of my dubious achievement than a "thank you" to those of you who provide my daily dose of entertainment and breaking news (I know I've heard many things first from this site -- nice to hang out with 5,000 people who have access to the wires).

This is also where I stay connected to the newsroom world I left behind two years ago -- and might someday soon want to rejoin.

So, thanks, y'all. And my beer of choice is Shiner Bock. :)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And on the other end of the spectrum, there is the Good Doctor and Flash, who are averaging right around a thousand posts a month in their three months here...

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Some people will get down on you for celebrating posts. Not me. I say congrats. And while it ain't the number but the quality of the posts that matters, it's still nice to hit that milestone just the same.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe now you'll find your file! We were hiding it!

Congrats on your milestone...Boom hit 10k yesterday...ijag will soon, as will mizzou. Lots of laughs, plenty of bickering, some sentimental moments and even the chance to learn a thing or two.

Oh, and best wishes from Anon 3:35....

Draft saved Draft deleted