1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Enough about Ms Hawaii.
    What about the cameras and stuff?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The video was very likely coming directly from the broadcast feed of the game. No need for the team(s) to put their own cameras up to get it.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Curious Hal is sitting in his dad's office right now rubbing himself a blister at the thought of the Sox getting the hammer.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised in the least if the Sox went the same route as the Astros, but I hadn’t heard anything along the lines of trash-can-banging re: them.

Also adds a new twist to Dave Dombrowski’s mysterious firing. Perhaps he was doing more than banging the help?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Unlike Houston, Boston has the YOU HATE US CUZ YOU AIN'T US defense. Ironclad.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Surprising no players get any discipline? Too hard to figure out which ones? And how deeply involved?

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But now that is the known punishment, anybody who does it again is going to get hammered worse -- you know you will lose your job/get put on ineligible list, the fine is $20 million, it's five years worth of top three picks AND no international money for three years. Is that worth it?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think in college multiple years in scholarship reductions - so a school is constantly reminded of their cheating and suffer from it - is more effecive than taking away a title. The fans already celebrated and have the memories - most will never see the trophy anyway. In the pros - draft picks, though in the NBA - cap space might be more effective.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let me just say that firing Hinch and the GM is an impressively chickenshit move. You can't tell me the owner didn't know about it.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Orioles tried it, but Chris Davis couldn't hit the garbage can.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's good to be king.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Did he? I mean, how many owners meddle to that degree? Probably at most, he heard a thing or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted