1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Associated Content.com. freelancers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Jul 14, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ooh, a whole ten dollars for 500 words! Where do I sign up?  ::)

2. JME

JME Member

Re: Why, yes, Associated Content.com. I do want to get f--ked in the rear...

You'd be surprised, there are tons of listings out there for similar pay rates.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Help me out here, but wouldn't this more likely be an opportunity for repurposing existing stories? If you got an extra $10 for a story you'd already written and gotten paid for ... well, I dunno, if you had 50 of those sitting around -- not unreasonable for a veteran freelancer -- that would be a quick way to pick up $500 for a couple of hours additional effort. Which beats the hell out of $0.

4. rascalface

rascalface Member

provided you own the copyright.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, you would need to have retained secondary copyright, I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted