1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor, Norwich CT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

From the Gannett site:

Norwich, CT: Assistant sports editor.  Seeking an accomplished manager with vision who uses reader priorities to drive change, create content and ensure high-profile enterprise across numerous platforms. QuarkXPress knowledge essential. At least three years' experience is required. Apply to Executive Editor Stuart Shinske.

2. Stay far, far away from this one. Morale has hit the shits in this place and the sports editor there doesn't have much of a clue. PM me for details.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The management clean sweep, including departure of SE Who Made People Consider Eating Their Own Anuses, didn't work? Shocking.

4. The place is probably as bad as its ever been. And morale is at an all-time low. They are dictators over there.

5. I've heard this as well.

6. boots

boots New Member

Great place to break into the business. Don't PM me for details.

7. Good one Boots. I hope you're being sarcastic :p. But seriously, this is a place that is trying to do everything it can to increase circulation, but is failing miserably. And then management enforces Gannett policy to the extreme, especially when it comes to the mainstreaming one.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

my biggest gripe with this paper is their layout. everything is six columns and they never do bastard column. they put at least six stories on the front page, which kind of bothers me, and everything looks squished.

9. Agreed. I've seen this paper on occasion and it looks like a comic book at times with all the top boxes and graphics. Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what the centerpiece is. They try to be innovative, but it comes off looking like a high school rag.

Draft saved Draft deleted