1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant sports editor — Tiffin (Ohio) Advertiser-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by fossywriter8, Jul 21, 2015.

1. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Assistant Sports Editor
    The Advertiser-Tribune, a seven-day-a-week morning newspaper in northwestern Ohio, is seeking its next Assistant Sports Editor. The position involves covering two local universities & a dozen area schools, writing game stories & columns, taking photos & laying out pages. In addition, the assistant sports editor works w/ the sports editor in planning, organizing and assigning coverage for sporting events.
    Experience w/ QuarkXpress or InDesign pagination software & Photoshop image editing software required. Send a cover letter and resume to Sports Editor Zach Baker via email at zbaker@advertiser-tribune.com or mail at The Advertiser-Tribune, 320 Nelson St., Tiffin, OH 44883.

Ad is on Monster.com.
    Paper is about 8,000 circulation and is part of Ogden chain.
    Tiffin is the county seat for Seneca County. The city is about an hour southeast of Toledo, about two hours northwest of Columbus and about two hours west of Cleveland.
    The universities are Division II Tiffin University and Division III Heidelberg University, both located in town.
    Most of the high schools are in the small divisions, but the in-town public and another area public are Division III in football (seven football divisions in Ohio, with Division I being the biggest).
    Paper's website is at www.advertiser-tribune.com. It's a pay site.

2. AMM333

AMM333 New Member

This is the position I am leaving. If anyone has any addition questions, feel free to send me a message.

3. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

This is a good newspaper in a unique small town with two colleges. Many of the high schools have very successful sports programs.

Draft saved Draft deleted