1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Asshat Chris Matthews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I just read this on the Huffington Post from 9/21:

This morning on Imus, MSNBC's Chris Matthews blasted the media for not
    covering the Iraq war. Matthews said that while people are still fighting
    and dying the Iraq, war "has been taken off television, and Bush must love
    it."
    Matthews said that most of the media was sold a bill of goods by the Bush
    administration, but that he's been "a voice out there against this bullshit
    war from the beginning." He added that Cheney was "totally wrong" about Iraq
    but still "talks like God on television, and we are supposed to believe
    every word."
    ------------------------

WHAT... THE.... FUCK?!?!

Matthews has been the biggest Bush apologist FOR this war until the past three weeks.

He was a GOP hatchet man all the way through the 2004 election.

Asshole.

Guy deserves to be punched.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Chris Matthews used to be a bright, interesting guy. He wrote a couple of damn good books, including one that talked about the similarities between JFK and Nixon (both were serious anti-communists)...and he had some sharp observations about Clinton. Then, he became this caricature TV pundit. It's really kind of sad...the same shit happened to Tucker Carlson.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Personally, I think Matthews is a riot.
    You just have to appreciate him for what he is: A clown.

4. Bear

Bear New Member

Hardball is one of my favorite shows. And I wouldn't say Matthews has been an apologist for the war at all in the past year or two.

Tucker Carlson was never anywhere near as bright or interesting at Matthews. That said, it is rather sad to see Tucker on his crappy show arguing with his guests only for arguments sake.

5. He's been an apologist for Bush, but not for the war in Iraq, He's been skeptical of that project from jump.
    During the Clinton years --- like Mo Dowd, Russert, and the late Michael Kelly -- he was overcome with Hibernian Sex Panic. He was batshit crazy over the Great Hummer Probe, and he should still be mowing the lawn of the guy whom he accused of "stalking" Kathleen Willey.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I watch him. Not for political reasons, tho'. When he laughs he sounds like Felix Unger clearing his sinuses.

YHS, etc

7. Drock

Drock Member

I'll say this about Matthews, he makes a guy like me, who's not typically interested in politics, stop and watch and listen.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

May 1, 2003. If it's not the darkest day in television news, it's definitely on the short list.

Women like a guy who's president. Check it out. The women like this war.

Try to get through all of this without retching:

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's awesome.
    The guy is absolutely hysterical.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Thank you, Joe.

Despite Bear and fb's recollections, it's that sort of pom-pommery that I recall.

And it was on many of his shows.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Where's Darrell Hammond at when we need him?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Matthews is nothing but a blowhard who takes whatever the flavor of the month is and runs with it.

When Bush was running 80% in the polls, Matthews was kissing his ass. He was kissing it right up until the Schiavo debacle. He did everything but show the Swift Boat ads frame-by-frame like the fricking Zapruder film.

Draft saved Draft deleted