1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Stranded F_B

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 1, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why does the caged bird sing?

Who framed Roger Rabbit?

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Shit, forget my initial advice to go kick some bitch ass.

Instead, go find Studs Terkel and have a few with him. It pains me to say it, but Terkel probably won't be on this earth too more many years. And what a loss that will be...hope it's not for some time, but I know dude's over 90.

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Loved Studs in "Eight Men Out." He looked the part of the Hugh Fullerton.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Studs is a legend of Americana. But he will always be Hughie Fullerton to me. :D

Here's a great find, an old clip of Studs (looks to be in his 30s) in some coming-of-age production called "Beginning to Date":

EDIT: kleeda beat me to it. :)

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

My mother says you can stay at her house.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't you think she'll pepper him with questions about when you are going to settle down and marry a nice Jewish boy?

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Does he know the answer? Can you have him call me asap? I was hoping he could sell her on the 'nice Irish boy' concept.

'Now Fenian, dear, would you like some cabbage? I know how much your people like cabbage, dear, it does have the most interesting smell, I was in Dublin once, changing planes on my way to Switzerland, we stayed at the most wonderful chalet in Switzerland, geraniums everywhere, although we had no idea then that Lou had a geranium allergy, my God, i have never seen lips swell up like that, it was as if he was headed for the Macy's Parade! Do you like corned beef as well, we usually eat it with mustard on a kaiser roll, I don't know how you feel about that, I'm afraid I haven't any mayo in the house, I don't think I've had mayo since Eisenhower was in office! Do you remember Eisenhower, dear, he was rather bald, he's on the silver dollar, did you know I collect silver dollars? Do you know anyone else who collects silver dollars? More cabbage dear? Do you know our Boom?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Actually, 21, your mother should be used to dealing with Catholic guys by now.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your mother has quite the way of saying a lot without seeming to mean to.

I like her. She's spunky.

10. Dear F_B,

I just drove back from NYC and all the way home - for some reason - my farts smelt like burnt potato chips.

My question for you is twofold: A - what did I eat and B: should I blame the smell on Rumsfeld or Bush?

11. So, I heard the girl sing through a cellphone held up to a speaker in the hall back home.
    She was, of course, beyond the fab.
    As to the rest:
    The Jameson's goes over the rocks. (As was pointed out, Bushmills was, as my granny used to say, strained through the wrong bible.)
    Studs is terrific, but he's smart enough to stay in tonight.
    You "Hawks fans can settle your own hash, thanks.
    Thanks to 21 for the kind offer, but I think a guilty Catholic and your mom might be something like the old Star Trek episodes where the matter and antimatter collide and destroy the known universe.
    As for Chris's digestive difficulties, if his politics are rotting him from within, I can't help.

UPDATE -- Was that an African or a European swallow?
    (You have to know these things when you're a king you know.)

12. pallister

pallister Guest

What makes you so smart?

Draft saved Draft deleted