1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Stranded F_B

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 1, 2006.

1. So, I get caught by the blizzard in Chicago, and all I have is the business center computer, and The Daughter, the singer, is doing a show tonight that I cannot get to, and I'm as guilty as a Catholic boy can be.
    So I thought I'd help other people. (Depending on the level of guilt, this may turn into Ask Stranded And Drunk F_B by mid-evening.)

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Which airport?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bless me Bastard for I have sinned...

4. Ego te absolvo, dude.
    And Bob? I made it back to the hotel in Chi for another night, which further causes further guil lacerations.
    I'm considering spending the rest of the night trying to learn how to post pictures.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is there an old shoeshine man in the terminal like there is at the Cincinnati airport?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, Fenian, if you can get a rental car and drive about 80 miles north I can sign you up for the Texas Hold 'Em tournament I'll be playing in. But you only have two hours to get there.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, if you're desperate for something to do, and you're coming from downtown, you can ride the train home with me, and then blow out my driveway, and put up my Christmas tree. My wife has already bathed the little kids, so you're off the hook on that one.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Which is the better live album, Van Morrison's "Too Late to Stop Now" or the Allmans at Fillmore East?

I mean, as long as we're supposed to be asking important questions.........

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yo F_B...

Here's three questions I debated with a friend the other day:

1.) Which will be elected first in the U.S.: A black president, a Hispanic president, or a female president? Please provide short 1-2 sentence "why" detail.

2.) Which ailment will scientists find a cure for first: Alzheimer's, AIDS or breast cancer? Again, 1-2 sentences of "why" would be appreciated.

3.) What year do you predict for a U.S.-China armed conflict?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hate to get all serious but I feel for you. Our jobs take us away from enough things that our kids are doing so to have to miss something because of weather royally sucks.
    That said, get good and drunk.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Goddamn that sounds like a good time.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Find a buddy, rent a car and watch the hilarity ensue....

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted