1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Mellow F_B

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 20, 2006.

1. The Time-Life treasury is playing, the Clontarf is quite tasty, and the tree looks magnificent. All of life is very, very cool right now.
    Let me give you a tour of the tree.
    Over there is the NHL hockey player keychain that my son has hung up since he was four. There's my third-grade art project of the Three Kings with state of the art (for 1961) glitter paint. Here is my daughter's ballerina and her musical note. Here's my oldest's sled ornament and the tiny knit sweater with his initials, and the small Waterford goblet that someone gave us for a wedding present. Oh, here are the Ornaments from Famous Places -- including James Madison's Montpelier and the LBJ ranch. The Peabody ornament is with the tiny ceramic ducks, or course. And near the top, up near the angel that my eldest made in kindergarten that has trouble keeping its head on, is the tiny Kris Kringle that my grandfather, the cop, brought from north Kerry in 1912. He gets packed with the fragile stuff.
    Bing's singing now. Gotta go. Be well, the lot of you.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A thread like this can only go downhill after a start like that, and at the risk of proving my point, let me say: That sets up the rest of the holiday season nicely.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Bong or joint?

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We decorated our tree tonight, too. It had been standing there naked in our living room since we bought it Sunday. I would say that about 25 percent of our ornaments are cows.

Oh, yeah. Question for F_B. Is that "bastard" in the literal sense, the figurative sense, neither or both?

5. Usige beatha, old son.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear F_B:

First time long time. Why does Rod Stewart butcher holiday songs as well as classics? I'll hang up and listen.

7. Because somebody told him that his covers of ANYTHING will sell.
    I'm waiting for his Songs of The Balkans album any day now.
    (The hell, of course, is that he's one of the great interpreters of classic soul music who ever lived and, if his tasty take on "What Made Milwaukee Famous (Made A Loser Out Of Me)" is any indication, he could sing him some old-school country, too.)

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Dear F_B,

Long time, first time, too. Looking at that tree, I can only conclude that ecclesiastical establishments tend to great ignorance and corruption, all of which facilitate the execution of mischievous projects. How can I reconcile these thoughts? I'll hang up and listen.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

What do they mean by, "Don we now our gay apparel?"

10. Ragu -- I would have me no Savior who didn't laugh at himself.
    Wordman -- My irish cousins sing that line as , "Come we now to drain a barrel."

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Little Drummer Boy, though? Pa-rump-a-rump-rump? Seems fixated.

12. I'm going to need another splasheen here, I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted