1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a damn question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Riddick, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, that makes you an arrogant asshole. Your quotes? Are you shitting me?

If you don't like the assholes who don't ask questions, jump in and ask a question yourself.

It's time all you people stopped worrying about how others do their jobs and just do yours.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no. what's obvious is you have zero fucking clue how to do your job, or you do a very fucking poor job of it. if you are the only one who can exact a decent quote, you don't share it with the competition. are you stupid?

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

are you really that dense? dumbass.
    you go ahead and use the same quotes as everyone else. I prefer my stories to be unique.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, little boys, I have been in this fucking business since before you douchebags were born.
    I have had a far more successful career than either of you arrogant little pricks will ever dream of having.

But you keep getting those "exclusive" quotes for the Podunk Press...all 12,000 readers will appreciate them.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Zing x2!

rb

6. absolutely the most ignorant post I've ever seen on this board

to do the best possible job on on a competitive beat you have to worry about how others do their jobs

a reporter who shuns pack interviews and seeks out subjects in a 1-on-1 setting is to be lauded and not ripped

7. [quote a
    uthor=spnited link=topic=42043.msg1206704#msg1206704 date=1180369757]
    Well, little boys, I have been in this fucking business since before you douchebags were born.
    I have had a far more successful career than either of you arrogant little pricks will ever dream of having.

But you keep getting those "exclusive" quotes for the Podunk Press...all 12,000 readers will appreciate them.
    [/quote]

and you have the audacity to call two guys douchebags and arrogant little pricks because they are apparently doing their job far more professionally than you?

what does that make you?

what is wrong with the people on this board?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I never said that wasn't true, W-B.
    I said Riddick was an arrogant asshole for bitchingabout people who don't ask questions while not asking them himself because he doesn't want "any of those assholes to use me quotes". And I doubt he's talking pro beat here, more like Podunk Junior High!

Oh, and when that extra 10 minutes he takes for an "exclusive" quote from the middle school volleyball coach makes him miss deadline, I'm sure his editor will be real happy.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Excellent advice Moddy. I agree 100 percent. There's too many people in this business who feel there's only one way to accomplish something. One person's "talk about" question works as well as another method so long as you get a good quote. That's all that matters.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Also agree 100 percent. There's more than one way to skin a cat. There's about 100 ways to do an interview.

11. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

On top of all that's been said, only a small portion of the job is game or event coverage. You can separate your coverage of the beat by putting energy into other things like features, takeouts, etc, etc, that the competition doesn't have, or doing them better.

Sure, I hate when people mop up the answers when I'm the only one asking questions, but there's no need to get fist-clenching mad over it...which I don't even know if anyone is.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oh, Riddick most surely is because those assholes aren't going to use his great quotes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.