1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashton Kutcher replaces Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 13, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Kutcher should have something to do with Charlie's death. He wins the Malibu house in a high stakes poker game and then Charlie drinks himself to death. Alan finds out about it and blackmails Kutcher by making him let him stay in the house.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For "timid" Mizzou, substitute "watered-down version," which is what I should have said in the first place. Sheen played a character who didn't give a shit about his character flaws and bad habits. I'll bet they try to make Kutcher more "human." That'll equal a quick doom.

3. My guess is that Charlie's mom remarries with Ashton being the stepson. Charlie could die during the bachelor party and Ashton buys the house.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If they wanted to end the series here, Jon Cryer could wake up in his barracks from Hot Shots! and have it all be a dream. If not, he could wake up from THAT and be in his Malibu home, which Ashton owned all along.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

This is the same thing I am feeling as Ted Danson joining CSI. I think it's totally going to lose it's lustre without Sheen and Kutcher is not great as an actor. He's going to tank and the show is going to be on its last season.

Another show I won't be watching.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Does Kutcher play the half man? The kid almost looks older than him. ;D

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Who are we kidding? This show jumped the shark when the kid stopped being cute.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone? I won't say I liked it, but I didn't hate it. The show had become so stale, had indeed jumped the shark. They can milk a couple of seasons out of this at least.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same. Didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. I'll keep watching for sure.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I wasn't impressed with the funeral. Didn't we already do this a few years ago in a dream sequence? Hateful ex-girlfriends, mom trying to sell the house at the service, Alan meekly trying to move along the process?

I do like Ashton Kutcher's role, even if everything he plays comes off as Michael Kelso frozen for 20 years and allowed to age again in 2000. In this case, it's a good fit.

Wasn't too enamored with Two Broke Girls, but it'll get every opportunity to succeed as long as it's following TaaHM.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Broke Girls is following something else next week. Different time.

Draft saved Draft deleted