1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashtabula, OH Sports Editor arrested

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin Biebler, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just a simple example: My son was ticketed for failure to yield, not having insurance documents on him and not wearing a seatbelt.

He was wearing a seatbelt. He took it off when the officer came to the window. But he gladly pleaded guilty to that and a $25 fine rather than mess with the other charges.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Last article on this pervert said he'd receive his sentence in six weeks from the judge and that was dated March 10. It's been seven weeks since then, so does anyone know what the judge did or said?

3. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

4. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

Bud Bundy is correct. Sentencing is set for 8 a.m. on Friday.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I hope the judge changes his mind.

6. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

One of our reporters has covered this case. I have an email out to him to ask if it's likely the judge will deviate much (or at all) from the agreement the prosecution made with McCormack.

7. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

Judge went along with the deal. Six months in county lockup. No good can come from me saying anything more on that. ... Our reporter said one of the victims spoke powerfully of being molested by McCormack beginning at age 13. The convicted sex offender would not look at her during her statement and made no statement of his own when the judge gave him an opportunity.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I know people who done six months from having the stub of a joint in their car.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Seriously? In what state?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In some places in Kentucky you could get 2 days in jail. If you agree to drug court you don't get jail or a drug charge but if you fail a test or miss a meeting or court appointment for the year or two you of drug court you get six months. I don't think most make it.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That's not the same thing as getting six months for the initial crime.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yes, that other post was a little deceptive.

Draft saved Draft deleted