1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashley Judd ... sorry kitties

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

With sudden decrease of cats, the ASPCA has gone into the laboratory and created a more durable and Ashley-Judd-resistant kitten. All hail: Cyberkitty.
    [​IMG]
    He only dies if Ashley moves her arms for that pic.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

without pictorial evidence, i call, "bull."

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Darn, you beat me to the Star Trek reference, but I still may be able to out-geek you on this.

I wonder if there is anything in Robin's laws against full frontal nudity....

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Didn't realize that was her..
    [​IMG]

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Judd is a natural beauty. According to the director's commentary, in the prison scenes from Double Jeapordy, she wore no makeup in an effort to make her look bad. It didn't work.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup. anyone with eyes can see that. as opposed to many other alleged beauties, i've never had to wonder what she looks like without makeup. she never looks heavily made up to me.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Man, why you always telling me to fuck a goat?

[​IMG]

9. outofplace

I saw a re-run a year or two ago...kept watching because it took me a few minutes to realize who the hell that was. Yeah, that's the only reason. Not like I still watch re-runs of that or anything..um...

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And another angle to this, um, story, from mediabistro.com:

Ashley Judd topless on the cover is one thing. A breastfeeding ex-nightly news anchor, it appears, is quite another. Elizabeth Vargas, the former anchor of ABC's World News Tonight who lost — or left — her job before going on maternity leave, is disappointed that Marie Claire chose to photoshop her breastfeeding behind the anchor desk to illustrate its feature interview with her in the December issue, on which Judd appears topless on its cover — a first, according to editor Joanna Coles.

Drudge has the point-counterpoint:

A source close to Vargas: "Elizabeth was more than happy to sit for the interview but was disturbed that the magazine would set aside basic journalistic standards to photoshop her head onto a fake image. Vargas did joke that her real baby is cuter, that she is proud to breastfeed her newborn but wouldn't do it at the anchor desk and that she wouldn't be caught dead in that ugly gold blouse!"

A Marie Claire spokesperson: "There isn't a working mother who can't relate to this image and immediately identify with the very real dilemma Elizabeth Vargas wrestled with. We do not believe anyone seriously thought she would nurse and report the news the same time! This is an image illustration and is stated so with the byline of this story. We only want to make the point that women choosing between their career and being a parent is a tough decision that we are very sensitive to."

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Actually, I believe that was "Lefler's Laws." As in, Robin Lefler. [/justoutgeekedallofyou]

Three pages and no mention of the masterpiece that was "Norma Jean and Marilyn?"

12. outofplace

Piotr, I'm just as certain that it was Robin's Laws, though I know you can match me geek-for-geek. I just saw the re-run a couple of weeks ago and the silly crap at the end stuck in my head.

"Robin's Law No. (no clue)? A few thousand light years can't keep good friends apart."

I loved that show, but most of the time I really couldn't stand that character. Watching Ashley Judd made that particular scene a bit more palatable, though. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted