1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Salt Lake Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Idaho, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Also an opening for a sports designer
    http://apse.dallasnews.com/job_board/2006/1981.html
    PM me for more information on the town, the paper and the job.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

circ.?

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

TRIBUNE, SALT LAKE CITY (SALT LAKE CO.) AVG M (M-F) DLY 131,711
    TRIBUNE, SALT LAKE CITY (SALT LAKE CO.) SAT M DLY 133,317
    TRIBUNE, SALT LAKE CITY (SALT LAKE CO.) SUN DLY 151,422

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Would you report to Anastasi or Jon Clifford for this one?

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Yes. :)

My guess is the designer job only has to report to Clifford. The ASE job will get both of them, but methinks it will be primarily Clifford as the main person, but with Anastasi weighing in heavily when he doesn't like a design element.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Any movement on this job?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you still have to live in utah after landing this job? ...

yeah?

well, nevermind.

8. zman82

zman82 Member

not that i'mapplying, but i've heard outside of the weird ass drinking laws SLC isn't a bad place to be.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A little birdie I spoke to (you folks didn't know I spoke Sparrow, did you?) yesterday informed me it's actually just one position. Two were adverstised in case the ASE job was filled with an internal promotion.

A highly qualified candidate from Dixie was in town to interview for the ASE job in the last few days and he appears to be the leading candidate.

And, though I'm not a drinker, no one ever has a hard time getting a drink in Utah.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would have thought the Tribune had a higher circulation than that.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'd think so, too. But there are a lot of non-newspaper readers in this and neighboring states. Also, considering the population is not real high (only about 1 million in the real circulationn footprint) and the per-household population is higher here than anywhere else and I guess the number can be explained that way. And, unlike some other similar sized 'metro' areas, there is a smaller competing daily that sucks away many of the subscribers.

Trib seems to be doing some really good things right now, though. They were stuck in an ugly rut for a long time.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Quick question:
    Is working at the sweatshop in Woodland Hills a requirement to be considered for this position?

Draft saved Draft deleted