1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE - Potomac News Bill

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CUinthenewsroom, May 24, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A former colleague there is a pretty good egg. Demented, but sharp :D

2. neely8

neely8 New Member

Hey Willie-Butch,
    I'd like to know what you're heard about the ASE from the Potomac News. If you don't mind, why don't you PM me and tell me.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

HAHA. Hello, neely8, uh, former ASE at the PotNews. Nice try.

4. neely8

neely8 New Member

Thanks Willie-Butch. May I ask who you are?

5. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Sure, you can ask.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

WB, if you got the goods, spill it. It's better than making obtuse references that someone may or may not be good.

What ya got?

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

All I said is that I've not heard good things about the outgoing ASE. I've never worked with the guy, so I do not have first-hand knowledge. That's all I got. Or all I'm spilling. Or whatever.

Sorry if I got this thing off topic. It was not intentional. As I said before, the ASE gig at the PotNews is a good one.

8. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

You can make moves at the Potomac News if you bust your ass. Recent ASEs there have gone on to the Wash Examiner, the Wash Times, one former Pot News guy is the HS/soccer editor at the Wash Post. Recent writers have gone on to USA Today weekly, the Examiner, and the Tampa Tribune (as a stringer). Hell, last month one of their writers went to the Wash Post to cover preps. ... Two writers there won APSEs a few months back. This job is what you make of it. I know what I'm talking about. PM me if you have any questions.

9. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Oh yeah ... Willie-Butch smells like foreskin.

10. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

If a certain Sawdog applies for the ASE job at the PotNews, game over. You heard it here first.

Oh yeah....I may smell like foreskin, but the dog looks like it. That good looking son of a bitch.

11. patriotsfan80

patriotsfan80 New Member

The Potomac News sucks.

As the ASE, you're responsible for paginating an ENTIRE broad-sheet sports section by yourself (for the most part).

You'll have no copy editors and little to no help from the SE.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

wow! now that would suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted