1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE Pensacola News Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GeorgeMoore, Jul 6, 2006.

1. GeorgeMoore

GeorgeMoore Member

OK, I got the OK to fill this spot. We need someone with superb design skills who also can edit AP copy as closely as local copy. I need someone I can trust to run the department when I'm on vacation.

Pensacola is a great place to live -- even with the hurricanes. Our town is pretty much all put back together, and the beach is thriving. All of the golf courses will be up and running early next month. We have a new publisher who has a sports background -- Kevin Doyle got his start covering the 49ers and Giants -- so things are getting exciting. We're starting a weekly college football section to preview our Big 4 teams -- FSU, Florida, Alabama and Auburn -- and we'll be producing a 4- to 8-page wrap Sundays during the season. There are talks of television and radio shows as well.

Qualifications:
    At least five years at a daily.
    Management experience a plus but not necessary.
    Team player. The folks in our department edit, design, take phone calls and write on occasion. It's a great place to learn how to be a complete journalist.

If you're interested, e-mail georgewmooreiii@pensacolanewsjournal.com

2. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

The ASE does layout? What's your circulation?

3. GeorgeMoore

GeorgeMoore Member

We're about 60K daily and 85K on Sunday. And every ASE I've known has done layout.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, george layin out a little smackdown.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

buckeye, here's what ABC says:

NEWS JOURNAL, PENSACOLA (ESCAMBIA CO.) SAT M DLY 58,088
    NEWS JOURNAL, PENSACOLA (ESCAMBIA CO.) AVG M (M-F) DLY 62,354
    NEWS JOURNAL, PENSACOLA (ESCAMBIA CO.) SUN DLY 75,526

Draft saved Draft deleted