1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ASE, Cartersville, GA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sgaleadfoot, Jul 13, 2006.

1. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

Do you have a passion for high school sports and a good eye for layout? If so, the Daily Tribune News in Cartersville, a growing 6-day morning community newspaper northwest of Atlanta, wants you.
    We have topnotch sports programs and outstanding youth and recreation programs. The associate sports editor is responsible for page design, copy editing and writing. Experience with Quark is preferred and some photography skills are appreciated. Salary commensurate with experience. We provide health care and disability insurance and a 401K plan. Send resume and clips
    to:
    Joseph Myers,
    Sports Editor
    Daily Tribune News
    P.O. Box 70,
    Cartersville, GA 30120
    e-mail to: jmyers@daily-tribune.com
    or fax to 770-382-2711.

2. So what happened to the last guy there? I heard he was only there four days???

3. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

No, it was like four weeks. PM me if you really wants details. Otherwise, I don't think it's really worth bashing the guy.

4. rat fink

rat fink New Member

Yes, I want the detail, PM me, please.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I know a little bit about the paper, and more about Mr. Myers (good people). PM if interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted