1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As Mustain Turns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

He should have stayed in Metallica, though Peace Sells is a kickass song.

Oh wait wrong Mustaine.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My favorite story is the AP one that moved this evening:

So long as YOU'RE not creating any divisions there, Mom.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Nutt's downfall his whole tenure has been his ineffective running of the offense. Hiring Mustain, reason aside, was a great move.

As for the parents, ya, they're full of it. But these kids are adults. Couldn't at least one of them tell mom or dad to back off. I'd be embarrassed if my mom or dad did this.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

“Our boys are used to catching 60 passes a year,” Cleveland told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. “They want to go to a college where they get the same opportunity.” <cm-bd>¶
    Our boys... fuck you Pop...

Your boys are used to getting their way. You gonna hold their dicks when they're 24, eligibility done and they don't know what to do with the sports marketing degree?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

To be fair, I wouldn't know what to do with a sports marketing degree either. :)

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Part of this is Broyles fault: if you're the AD, and you tell parents to go talk to the head coach, and they show up at your office, you slam the door, HARD.

By even talking to the malcontents, he added more fuel to the fire. The best way to deal with this stuff is with a size-12 Doc Maartens right in the teeth.

Once you give 'em an inch, by even "discussing" their "concerns" with you, they take a mile, and the steering wheel is ripped out of your hands.

7. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

Am I reading this right? These people want a team with Darren McFadden to throw more?
    Perhaps they should have encouraged their darling children to play for Texas Tech, Hawaii or any of the fine clubs in the Canadian Football League.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with the comments about the relationship between parents and college kids of this generation, I think that's far more analysis than is required here.
    These parents are simply self-absorbed, short-sighted retards.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Nothing like Arkansas math....

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The other two are Mustain's dad and another coach, IIRC.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That coach would be Malzahn. But I thought Jay said the Springdale Five were all players.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

OK, that made me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted