1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As Jason Whitlock sees it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I own Kolb in fantasy football and know that Vick should be the starter. He played great last night and as of right now gives Philly the best chance to win.

Whitlock is correct. Vick should start. If he doesn't start, I guarantee he is the No.1 for another team soon. This will never happen, but I bet Detroit could use a starting quarterback right now. Same for Arizona, as Kurt Warner isn't walking through that door.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who was shocked the URL wasn't ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Eagles-should-sign-Jeff-George-he-can-still-play

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heck, why not just deliberately announce the wrong guy. Then you get a 100 percent chance of them preparing for the wrong guy.

Probably against some obscure NFL rule, though.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Vick earned that uneven playing field, by his erratic play as a Falcon and by the damage he did to his own career with his reprehensible and illegal behavior. So let's not go painting that as some great injustice.

Starman was taking a shot at Whitlock's writing history. Based on that, I can see where he was coming from. Would he even take such interest in this story if there wasn't a racial element? Even just thinking that Vick is being treated unfairly?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And just to prove I'm not the racist BYH thinks I am, I'd take Vick at the top of his game over Vince Young any day. Maybe Vick has gotten back to the top of his game. Sure like to see him get more chances.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, that proves it right there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The only place I'd like to see him is going one-on-one in a steel cage against one of his (pre-rehabilitated) dogs.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I can understand somebody grudgingly accepting the fact that he deserves a chance to continue his career now that he has done his time in jail. I do not understand anybody actively rooting for Vick.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Michael Vick is a subhuman piece of shit, and anyone who wants to see him succeed is a bad person.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

RACIST

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hey, I toned down what I really think about Vick and his fans. :)

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Andy Reid and the Eagles didn't ship Donovan McNabb to a division rival to scrap their long-term plans after one week. Kolb has played two quarters as the Eagles' new starter. An organization is not going to give up on the guy after he played a bad half, then got injured. This "quarterback controversy" crap is more media-driven bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted