1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie Lange destroys Joe Buck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Jun 16, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The WWOR show or the E! show?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

E. What the fuck is WWOR?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

BULLSHIT!

Seriously, that is unmitigated bullshit. Where in the hell did you come up with that uninformed opinion? No one in the Midwest -- aside from Vikings fans and Packers fans who can't/refuse to move on -- cares about the Favre saga. He's as much a hated diva here as he is anywhere else.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Local NY station based out of Secaucus he used to have a show on once a week. The station itself was as low-rent as you can get without being public access. And the show's production values were just north of the Uncle Floyd Show, but just south of Land of the Lost. The humor was, um, a wee bit sophomoric, but it was actually funny to me when I was 22 or 23.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

WOR Channel 9 once carried 90-100 Mets games a year.

Back before the dark times, before the empire.

Benny Hill was staple programming. And I haven't thought about Uncle Floyd in a long, long time.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

True. On a cable system with WGN, WOR and WTBS, you had access to half the National League on some days. A real novelty back in the day.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Well, for those who think someone with late-night or talk-show experience would handle Lange better, maybe not: Tonight Show is refusing to book Lange because they don't think he's sober. Great timing for the story as it was in today's paper, but obviously written before his Buck appearance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/16/2009-06-16_tonight_leery_of_artie_hijinx.html

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I remember having all three. Good times.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Once upon a time WWOR could boast having Howard Stern on Saturdays, Morton Downey Jr. weekday nights and Richard Bey weekday afternoons. Such a sad day when the local cable operator in Pittsburgh dumped WOR for WGN back in the mid-1990s.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I agree with you. Great storyteller. Those who doubt it need to bust out the YouTube.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Lange is a fantastic storyteller, but he's really starting to wear thin on me. He's constantly stepping all over himself during the Stern show and, nine times out of 10, it distracts from the program.

His appearance on Buck was cringeworthy and the only reason I enjoyed it is because I think Joe Buck is a douche-pickle.

And IJAG, I'm not surprised to find you don't like the Stern show. I guess it's another thing we'll disagree about. But, as someone else said, he is the best interviewer out there. Do I wish he'd be a little more serious sometimes? Sure. But I wouldn't trade away the bad and risk ruining the good.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Please ... Artie Lange is a no-talent pig who somehow has made money being a no-talent pig.
    Is this a great country or what?

Draft saved Draft deleted