1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art Shamsky has ex-wife problems

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Always would have figured Rod Gaspar as the sexual deviant.....

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I heard that Gil Hodges liked to dress up in lades undergarments.

Funny how everyone thought it was Rusty Staub that was the Mets switch hitting outfielder of that era.

3. Donn Clendenon weeps.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Posthumously.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I love how he's referred to as "Mets legend" and "famed outfielder and first baseman."
    Four years with the team make him a legend?
    Like Big Ragu wrote, I only remember him cuz he, Mike Epstein and Ken Holtzman were about the only Jews playing in the bigs when I was a kid.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

When we were growing up, we always played two-hand touch in the street. At just about the same time every day, this 30-ish, somewhat plain but utterly quiet woman would emerge from a house down the street and walk to the store, studiously ignoring the occasional mis-thrown football that just missed her head.

She wasn't mean or anything, just quiet, lived with her parents.

One day I was reading the NY Daily News and there was a letter to the sports guy asking for the location of Art Shamsky's restaurant. It was written by the lady.

Our respect for her quadrupled instantly, for being a) a Mets fan, and b) Someone who had actually not just got their name in the mighty Daily News, but had written something in it.

She never mentioned it, though.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Art needed to do a better job advertising his resturant if this lady had to write a letter to the Daily News to find out where it was.

Be funny if it turned out that it was this lady who is divorcing Art.

He is at least the 3rd Met OF/1Ber that has been accused of being a switch hitter.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The whole thing is one big Travishamskymockery...

9. Maybe she just wanted a tossed salad.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02052009/news/regionalnews/amazin_ambush__153659.htm

She is pissed.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

non sequitur . . . one doesn't disqualify the other . . .

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Pretty much all you need to know is in the first graph.

"THE ex-wife of Art Shamsky claims the Mets legend gave her a sexually transmitted disease after repeatedly cheating on her with both men and women."

Draft saved Draft deleted