1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arrrr, cap'ns and wenches!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Saturday is Talk Like a Pirate Day. http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'll take ideas you think of when you're drunk and turn into Internet phenomena that make money for $500, Alex. Wow. I remember last year our graphics director talked like a pirate all day on this day. Hmmm.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Arrrrrr. Follow the protocol of ye thread, ye scalliwag. Arrrrrrrr.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Arrrr. I really live ON THE RIVER, mate. Do you? And it's tomorrow. Arrr.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Eh, I much prefer Steak & BJ Day to this.

Arrrrrrr.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Arrrr, and remember this, ye landlubbers: ye can set yer Facebook to speak to ye in Pirate English for the day.

Arrrr ... it's run by Cap'n Slappy.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

When the Evil One gets it dialed in he's pretty good at this.

Arrr.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Arrrr you ready?

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"Obviously they haven't done a good job of anything here for a long time. They haven't signed good free agents. They haven't made good trades. They haven't developed many good players and the ones they have developed, including myself, they've traded away for nothing."

Oh, I'm sorry. That's Talk Like an Ex-Pirate Day.

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Aye! Avast!

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

OK, I'll talk like a Pirate:

Good Lord, it's May 16 and we're already 12 games out of first? I thought this new park was going to bring in revenue and we could actually compete, or at the very least finish ahead of the Reds. *looks out into the stands* Looks like our usual 3,000 fans made it ... wait, most of them are wearing Diamondbacks jerseys. My God. Well, at least we have that one guy who's hitting the ball really hard, maybe he can ... wait, what? When? To the Angels? For what? Two Single-A pitchers and a $50 gift card to Primanti Brothers? Fucking hell. OK, let's try to get pumped for the game. On three: one, two, three NO DOUBLE-DIGIT LOSING STREAK BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY!

I wish I were dead.

[/Pirate]

Draft saved Draft deleted