1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARod and your Sunday paper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Angola!, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, where are people putting the Rodriguez story?

Does it merit bumping local off the front page?

It is running page 4 of my paper.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I would guess that it is going to be the lede story for all of the NYC and North Jersey (Bergen Record, Star-Ledger) papers. And I'm not sure that anything would cause it to move off the back pages or the sports cover.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup. all a-rod, all the time in nyc/nj. i'd have to think lede page in any mlb-based city. elewhere? who knows?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

It's early February; there will be plenty of sports fronts across the country with A-Rod on them.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the headline the NY Post comes up with.

STEROD

6. It was already at the top of the NYT website by 2 this afternoon.
    I don't even want to think about tomorrow's NYC tabs.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm sure it's the news of the day in New York and most major markets that think of themselves as a national presence.

In the smaller markets, hundreds or thousands of miles away, probably not so much. Just because it's "a-fraud" doesn't mean it merits front-page play.

Honestly, I can't think of a bigger prima donna who has milked more money out of organizations in any professional sports league over the past decade.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

sterod and boras played the yankees beautifully. they and the steinbrenners deserve each other.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A-Roid is my clubhouse leader.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

gotta be.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Page 1 here, nowhere near NYC (see Mark2010's response). Not sure it bumps local, though. Depends on your circumstances.
    Hey, Boom. There's a typo in that hed. Oh, wait. I like it.

12. It's going to be on our front. Unless you'd be bumping something big and important locally, I'd say it should be out front. Anyone that cares a tiny bit about baseball will be talking about this.

Draft saved Draft deleted