1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arnold Schwarzenegger, one crazy ba***rd

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My aunt, who used to be pretty high up in the University of California system, worked with him pretty extensively on a few things and she was impressed as hell with him. Granted, this was early on in his first term, but she said that he had a presence about him that few have, and she had met more than her share of celebs and politicians. She said the only person whose charisma was on the same level was Bill Clinton.

I wonder how many celebrities could pull off what Schwarzenegger did. You always hear about some talking about running for office, but few actually do it.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Unlike the celebs who show up every four years to bitch and moan and say "I'm moving if such and such is elected!!!!!!" Arnold was actually involved for a long time before deciding to run. He didn't just swoop in and act like a loudmouth.

And he didn't visit Hugo Chavez.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

And he didn't let his wife know he was running.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not saying that he did a good job, but he walked away from a lucrative movie career (Yes, he was slipping fast, but still...) to run for public office. Even though I'm sure he did it for his own ego, he gets some points for that.

So many talk about it, few actually run.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

1990s: How a politician treats his wife doesn't matter.

2000s: It totally matters.

Draft saved Draft deleted