1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Army Wives

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 8, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know i will have my man card revoked, but i love this show. Anyone catch the season 2 premiere that just ended?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're on your own, KY. But I hate to see such a good dude like yourself be the author of an ignored thread.

Toodles,

Mike

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have never seen this show but when you start with Catharine Bell and Kim Delaney, you gotta have something going for you.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, like furthering ignorant negative stereotypes of Army wives.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

From what I hear, a lot of Army wives are pleased with their depiction on this show. Its creator is Tanya Biank, who used to be a military reporter for the Fayetteville Observer (Fort Bragg). She and the newspaper parted ways after it was discovered while she was in Iraq that she was dating a guy in the unit she was covering. Although that calls into question her professionalism, she did marry the guy. So she is an Army wife.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It is extremely over exaggerated.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

As television shows are wont to be. (See gun-wielding lab technicians on CSI.) However, the Army wives I know seem to think it is as accurate as it can be. Personally, I've never seen it. I have, however, partaken of a few Army wives during my many years in a military town.

8. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Attaboy, Pirates!

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My wife has watched a handful of episodes and subjected me to them; it's a terrible show. Most junior high drama productions have more depth.

10. Agreed. I gave it a chance, but it was completely unwatchable.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of like Brigid Branah, the red-head. But yeah, I watched the opener and I liked the twist at the end. Pretty clever.

Draft saved Draft deleted